Sunday, February 27, 2011

Remembering Jane

A Tribute to Jane Groombridge from Cathryn McIlmurray February, 2011
She was my oldest ( known her for 59 years) friend, I don't remember a time I didn't know her. She was like my older sister, went on vacations with my family, church, school, Sunday dinners, always a major part of my life. Losing her is so major I can't tell you the devistation I feel. Florida, basket making, life in general is so altered. I'm grateful to my family and friends to help me get to the point where I can write about it. Jane was Jane, a true friend, often difficult at times, but always there in time of need. She loved to shop, check out new places, go out to eat, exercise, and hang with friends. Oscoda will definately NOT be the same, she loved to keep everyone on their toes. She made special birthday treats for anyone on their birthday, even though she couldn't eat it, being a diabetic. Thank you for putting her in the newsletter, the picture is from her daughter's wedding, she looked fabulous that day. I guess God needed her more than we did, she is now with my older sister, who was truly her best friend who died five years and six days before Jane. Rest in Peace Jane.

1 comment:

  1. I will certainly miss my friend Jane. She and Tom introduced us to A.H.C.C. We were friends for 30 years as near as we could tell. We have camped together on and off for many years. There will be an empty chair on my deck and an empty place in my heart. Sue Sarka

    ReplyDelete